1/01/2010

Anime of 2009

'Tis the season for lists! And I've got a couple. If you'd like a hastily compiled look at some of my favorite comic titles for the year, you can go to Comic Attack for some staff picks. I'm at the bottom.

Today I'm just gonna lay out the 40+ anime and anime/manga related titles I watched this year. In a little while, I'm going to do a compiled, quickie review of the recent titles I've watched but haven't gotten around to reviewing. So be sure to check back for that. Anyway, here's what I watched in 2009, with links to any reviews that I did for the titles.
If you see something that wasn't reviewed, but you'd like a review, or at least some notes on the title, let me know!

Kuroshitsuji

School Rumble S1

Mushi-Shi

Solty Rei

Moon Phase

Sasami Magical Girls Club

xxxHolic S1

Suzuka

Yu Yu Hakusho S1

Full Metal Alchemist S1

Ouran High School Host Club

Kannagi: Crazy Shrine Maidens

Galaxy Railways

Le Chevalier D’Eon

Afro Samurai

Kino’s Journey

The Twelve Kingdoms

Legend of Crystania: the Motion Picture

Legend of Crystania: The Chaos Ring

Elfen Lied

Tales of the Abyss (Jay's Toybox review)

Chaos Head

Midori Days

Paradise Kiss

Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo

Skip Beat!

xxxHolic: A Midsummer Night’s Dream

Ghost in the Shell S.A.C.: Solid State Society

Gun Buster (1)

Diebuster (Gunbuster 2)

Texhnolyze

K-On

Black Lagoon

Gokusen

Yu Yu Hakusho season 2

Ah! My Goddess the Movie

Gokusen LA seasons 1-3

Mushi-Shi LA

Kamikaze Girls LA

Antique Bakery LA

Goong LA

Scrapped Princess

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (S1)

Noir

AIR the movie

Last Quarter LA

Berserk

Romeo x Juliet

Nodame Cantabile S2 Paris Chapter

The Daughter of Twenty Faces

Hayate no Gotoku S2

Gakuen Heaven

Piano

Zettai Kareshi LA special


And that's that! I've got plenty of titles backed up to take me into the new year, and I'm watching NeiA7 through Netflix right now. I got the Evangelion 1.0 movie for Christmas, along with the first 13 episodes of Moribito (I have the rest on DVR, so I can watch it all if I want). Plus I've been sitting on Gunslinger Girl Il Teatrino and Xenosaga the Animation for a while, and I've never watched either. I keep starting AIR up (which I have seen already), but get distracted by other things. I don't know much about the anime coming out this year, but I do know the final season of the Nodame Cantabile anime should air this spring, and there should be at least one live action film for it as well. A Gokusen LA film that came out last year should be hitting DVD soon, too.

Hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas and good luck in 2010!


6 comments:

aprilius20 said...

-gobsmack- I can't remember every show I've watched last year- maybe I should keep tabs too^^;

Ah, is that Nodame Paris I spot there? Nice one- I can't wait for the 'finale', whether it's an OVA or a full season.

Kris said...

I thought it was supposed to be a final season. At the end of that last one, they said it would air in the winter, I think. But it obviously didn't, and should be airing this spring instead. I looooove that show. I can't believe nobody has licensed it in America yet.

And yes, I kept a list in MS Word of everything I watched. I also do it for books. Last year I read a shamefully low amount. Only 4 novels, and one Japanese light novel. I slacked off bad. :(

aprilius20 said...

Ah, yes. It's actually called Nodame Cantabile: Finale. It looks set to be a short season, like Paris.

Japanese light novels? Ooh, so you know the language too? That's nice. I have the Bakemonogatari novels waiting for me, but I stopped some 30 pages in- just too lazy^^;

Kris said...

Oh, no, I can't read Japanese. This was translated. They do publish a small amount of light novels in America, but they usually don't sell very well.
This one was Spice and Wolf, published by Yen Press.

xJAYMANx said...

@Kris-chan: Heyyy, better late than never, eh? I haven't checked your subsequent posts yet, but did u include ratings later or maybe a list of faves?

Kris said...

Well, just the few that I think you've already seen, but I can number them off for you, if you'd like. We'll go with a 5 star system. 1 = don't bother, 2 = it's ok but you're not really missing anything, 3 = average, 4 = good show, watch if you get a chance, 5 = must see/must buy.

Kuroshitsuji = 4
Mushi-Shi = 5
Solty Rei = 3
Sasami Magical Girls Club = 4
xxxHolic S1 = 5
Suzuka = 2
Ouran High School = 5
Kannagi = 3
Galaxy Railways = 3
Le Chevalier d'Eon = 3
Afro Samurai = 1
Kino's Journey = 5
Twelve Kingdoms = 5
Legend of Crystania = 2
Elfen Lied = 3
Midori Days = 3
Paradise Kiss = 4
Gankutsuou = 5
Skip Beat = 5
Gun Buster/Die Buster = 4
Texhnolyze = 3
K ON = 3
Black Lagoon = 5
Scrapped Princess = 5

Berserk I've reviewed; I'd give it a 4. Romeo x Juliet I'd give a 5. The Daughter of Twenty Faces also gets a 5. Gakuen Heaven gets a 2, Piano gets a 3.
NeiA7 and GSG Il Teatrino I've reviewed (I'd say... 3 and 4, respectively).

Does that about cover it? I didn't rate things I remembered you'd already seen yourself.