9/03/2008

Google Chrome

I am typing this blog post from the brand new Google Chrome browser.  
Just like most Internet nerds, I'm a big fan of everything Google.  They're going to take over the world some day.  :)
Anyway, what it seems they have done, is taken parts from Mozilla Firefox (the browser I currently use) and other browsers (they mentioned Apple's WebKit, and I'm sure they took some from IE as well) to create their own browser.  It's still a beta version, but it looks good.  It's sleek, streamlined, and fast.  There's not much else to it right now, though.  So for the time being, I'm sticking with Firefox.  I think it's safe to assume that Google Chrome will allow for applications and add-ons just like Firefox does, but I won't be abandoning Firefox and my precious add-ons until then (like the spell checking feature (which Google Chrome seems to have, but either it doesn't work properly or I haven't activated it yet), browser skins, and Foxytunes).  I would advise keeping an eye out on Chrome; go ahead and download the program yourself, port over your setttings and bookmarks, keep it in mind, watch the Google blog for updates.  But it's only available for Windows right now, so Mac users are (currently) prevented from checking it out.

Good things come from Google, and this should be yet another in a long line of great (and free!) products.  Anything's better than Internet Explorer.  ^_^

2 comments:

ArmoredFoe said...

I agree, I havent had a chance to check it out yet, but I know google will take over. I cant wait to mess with it.

xJAYMANx said...

@Kris: Hmmm, I'll keep this browser in mind... So Google will take over the world? U mean they haven't yet? Well, maybe just the internet...

But wait~ didn't they say that about Microsoft 20 years ago? LOL, but seriously, until Google can get a hold of the hardware market (CPUs, computers, electronics, game consoles), I don't think Google will take over any time soon. But u never know... >_<