8/20/2008

Disney SingStar

Sing Star is a PS2 game (well I guess it's also a PS3 game now) that allows you to sing along with various tunes. Game discs come categorized with pop music, top hits, 80s, 90s, etc. It's essentially a karaoke game. You an perform solo, in a duet, or a battle as long as you have two microphones. Unfortunately, the kind of music I know and sing to isn't the type to show up on one of these game discs. But as soon as they release a show tunes game, I'll be all over it.

The closest they've come so far is a Disney game, which will be released this holiday season...in Europe. WTF Sony. Where's the North American love? I would love that game. I'm such a Disney whore, although admittedly their more recent ventures have left me wondering what the heck is going on with their creative department. I haven't liked anything (that wasn't also a Pixar movie) from them since Lilo and Stitch (about 6 years ago), though Mulan was their last great musical movie (10 years ago).

So when are we gonna get some love, Sony? I think it would sell well here, especially as a family game. You'd certainly have my money.

More at source, here.

2 comments:

ArmoredFoe said...

I have to say Im not a huge Disney fan,but I do love Little Mermaid, Lion King and Beauty and the Beast...oh yeah almost forgot Alladin. As you mentioned some of the new stuff just doesnt do anything for me, excluding pixar. I love Pixar's movies.

Kris said...

Well I know that there are at least songs from Aladdin and Little Mermaid on the list, though I wish some of the song choices were different. Having A Whole New World on there is great (I had a great time singing along with Jasmine when I was little), but...Under the Sea? I'd rather have Part of Your World. I can really rock that song. :)