5/30/2008

Welcome

Hello, and welcome to my little corner of the Internet. Thank you for stopping by. I have a Live Journal, Myspace, Facebook.... But I'd like for this to be less personal. The idea is that I will use this space to write reviews and things. I read a fair amount of comics, books, and manga; watch a good amount of anime; and play the occasional video game. I'm also highly opinionated. :) So, I thought, why not give others the heads up on things they may be similarly interested in? Money is tight these days, and it's nice to only spend it on things you know you'll like rather than waste it on something that turns out otherwise.

A little about me:
I have a bachelor's degree in theatre arts, with an minor in English. I've worked in comic book and video game stores, and spent several highly aggravating months in an office job/copy shop. I spent a bit of time writing reviews and what not for a web comic called [sic] Productions (link on the upper right hand side there), but they have, unfortunately, since been removed. However I do still do some work with the artist.

I do tend to gravitate toward shojo, seeing as how I am a girl after all, in my reading material, but the occasional action book slips in. My anime tastes are rather more varied, ranging from Bleach to Victorian Romance Emma, and lots of different things in between. I only read a handful of comics these days; a few major titles and some indies. But my video game tastes are pretty predictable - I'm far more likely to pick up the latest RPG from Japan than the new war game, and I stay far away from MMOs.

With all the great games coming out, the movies based on comic books and fantasy novels, and a proliferation of amazing conventions, it's a great time to be a geek.

No comments: